Some time ago, “Mint Sauce Small Q”, a Chinese blogger with over 1.2 million Weibo followers, sent a message to bid farewell to netizens after a year of suspension. At the age of 35, she announced that she had advanced gastric cancer, which is really regrettable…
The latest statistics from the Cancer Center show that the new cases of gastric cancer in China are second only to lung cancer and liver cancer, and the incidence of gastric cancer in young women is on the rise. One of the reasons is that women often diet or fast, resulting in smaller food intake. A small stomach makes it easy to feel full, and this feeling of fullness increases over time.
Although the incidence of gastric cancer in men is currently higher, the incidence of gastric cancer in women is also on the rise. This situation cannot be ignored!
1.Why is gastric cancer already at an advanced stage once it is discovered?
Early gastric cancer often has no symptoms, and it is not very different from ordinary stomach diseases such as stomach bloating and belching. It is difficult to identify in daily life. Gastric cancer is often at an advanced stage once it is found.
Gastric cancer development
“At stage 0, the interventional treatment not only can be carried out in many means but also has a good effect or can achieve a complete cure effect. If gastric cancer is discovered at stage 4, the cancer cells often have already spread.”
Therefore, routine gastroscopy screening is necessary. A gastroscope is like a radar that “scans” the entire stomach. Once an abnormal situation is found, with the help of other inspection methods such as CT, the development stage of the disease can be quickly judged.
2.What should young people do to prevent stomach cancer?
First of all, we must know that there are 6 common factors that cause gastric cancer:
1)Excessive intake of smoked or preserved foods: These foods are converted in the stomach to nitrites associated with gastric cancer.
2)Helicobacter pylori: Helicobacter pylori is a Group 1 carcinogen.
3)Tobacco and alcohol stimulation: smoking is a catalyst for gastric cancer death.
4) Genetic factors: The survey found that the incidence of gastric cancer shows a tendency of familial aggregation. If the family has a history of gastric cancer, it is recommended to do genetic screening;
5) Precancerous diseases: Precancerous lesions such as chronic atrophic gastritis are not cancers, but they are likely to develop into cancers.
6) Irregular diet such as frequent night snacks and overeating.
In addition, high work pressure can also induce the occurrence of related diseases. Traditional Chinese medicine believes that the stomach and the heart are connected, and emotions can induce the occurrence of gastric diseases and can easily lead to stomach bloating and discomfort.
How should young people effectively prevent gastric cancer?
1)A regular life: Even if you suffer from heavy work pressure during the day, you should reduce alcoholism and dinner parties at night; you can relax your body and mind through exercise and reading.
2) Regular gastroscopy: People over 40 years old should have regular gastroscopy; if you have a family history, you should have regular gastroscopy before the age of 40.
3) Besides garlic, you can also eat these foods to prevent stomach cancer.
As the saying goes, people regard food as their prime want. How to prevent stomach cancer through diet? There are two key points:
1) Diverse food: It is not advisable to eat only a single food or only a vegetarian diet. Maintaining a balanced diet is a must.
2) Avoid high-salt, hard and hot foods, which can damage the esophagus and gastrointestinal tract.
Which food can prevent stomach cancer?
“Maintaining a quantitative intake of garlic, especially raw garlic, has a good preventive effect on gastric cancer.” In addition, these types of foods are all good choices for preventing stomach cancer in daily life.
1)Soybean contains protease inhibitors, which have the effect of suppressing cancer.
2) The protease contained in high-quality protein such as fish flesh, milk and eggs has a strong inhibitory effect on ammonium nitrite. The premise is that the food ingredients must be fresh and healthy cooking methods such as stewing are used as much as possible.
3) Eat about 500g of vegetables every day.
4) The trace element selenium has a good preventive effect on cancer. Animal liver, sea fish, shiitake and white fungus are all selenium-rich foods.
Ancient books record that Ganoderma lucidum has the effect of invigorating the stomach and qi.
Today’s preliminary clinical studies have also shown that Ganoderma lucidum extracts have good curative effects on some digestive system diseases, and can effectively treat oral ulcers, chronic non-atrophic gastritis, enteritis and other digestive tract diseases.
Excerpted from “Pharmacology and Research of Ganoderma lucidum” edited by Zhi-Bin Lin, p118
Figure 8-1 The therapeutic effect of Ganoderma lucidum on peptic ulcer caused by various factors
Pork chops soup with Reishi and lion’s mane mushroom protect liver and stomach.
Ingredients: 4 grams of GanoHerb cell-wall broken Ganoderma lucidum spore powder, 20 grams of dried lion’s mane mushroom , 200 grams of pork chops, 3 slices of ginger.
Directions: Wash lion’s mane mushroom and shiitake mushroom and soak them in water. Cut the pork chops into cubes. Put all the ingredients into the pot together. Bring them to a boil. Then simmer for 2 hours to taste. Finally, add spore powder to the soup.
Medicinal diet description: The delicious meat soup combines the functions of Ganoderma lucidum to invigorate Qi and lion’s mane mushroom to invigorate the stomach. People with frequent urination and nocturia should not drink it.
1) There is Helicobacter pylori in my stomach. But taking medicine cannot clear Helicobacter pylori. Do I need a stomach surgery?
Pure Helicobacter pylori infection does not require stomach resection. Routinely, two weeks of drug treatment can cure it; but once cured does not mean that there will be no recurrence in the future. It depends on the patient’s future living habits. It is recommended to use serving spoons and chopsticks. In addition, drinking and smoking can reduce the efficacy of the drug. If a family member is found to have Helicobacter pylori, it is recommended that the whole family be screened.
2) Can capsule endoscopy replace gastroscopy?
The current painless gastroscope allows you to perform stomach examinations without pain while the capsule endoscope is a capsule-shaped endoscope, and the camera is easily stuck with mucus, making it difficult to see the inside of stomach. In some cases, the diagnosis may be missed; for gastric diseases, it is still recommended to do (painless) gastroscopy.
3) A patient often has diarrhea and abdominal pain, but gastroscopy can not find any problems in the stomach. Why?
Diarrhea commonly occurs in the lower digestive tract. If there is no problem with gastroscopy, colonoscopy is recommended.
Post time: Jun-24-2022